Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket   Photobucket

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reporting for Duty

Remember this rant?
Yeah, I figured you would. I mean, who COULDN'T forget it? It's kinda epic.

Well, I'm working on keeping up with it. And sometimes I'm faulty of breaking my own rules. But then, since I made up the rules to begin with, I am allowed to mess with them.

Here's the break-down of how it's been going so far.

Day 1: It was a Monday. There was FHE. FroYo Land was across the parking lot from the mini-golf place. A friend and myself walked over and some of the guys followed. There was a purpose (to get&eat froyo.) It's not my fault if guys just follow me everywhere ;)  (kidding...I'm not that kind of girl, promise.)

Day 2: Tuesday is Institute night. The notice has begun to get around the ward, and one of the guys thought it was his Christian duty to disagree. I agree with what he said, and can see his point of view. Hanging out is a good way to get to know someone. But doing it for months/years on end is crazy. If there's always new people being invited, and stuff is ACTUALLY getting done, then great. (Call me weird, but I hate the "hanging out" where everyone just sits around and gabs at one another. It feels like I'm wasting my time. I can go have an adventure, be productive, run errands, work out, or a million other things that are on some list somewhere.)

He was insistent that hanging out was totally necessary in order not to be labeled a CREEP. My thoughts on that: If you're coming off as creep-ish, no matter how much hanging out you're going to do, you'll still come off as a creep. It's probably a personal problem then. Most girls would be flattered to be asked out! My main argument to this guy: If you're 29 (which this guy is getting up there in age), and still hanging around the singles ward, you need to change your tactic. Maybe actually ASK a female out. It MIGHT just work in your benefit. He was also raving on about things being awkward between the two people after a date. Really? Can't we all just grow up and play nice with one another? It's called BEING FRIENDS. Girls don't have cooties. (Well, maybe some do...?) There was a two year gap from my parent's first date to their second. So take that, Mr.!

I don't want to be kicked out of a singles ward because of my age, so a date once in a while would be productive. (Sure, I realize there are extreme circumstances, but we're talking in generalities here.) I entertained the idea of becoming an attorney because I enjoy arguing. Sure, my point may seem absolutely abstract, but if you take a minute to hear me out, usually I'm correct. And I'll give you credit when/if you have a valid point. Just try to be open-minded with me and I'll do the same for you.

Day 3: Wednesday turned into Adventure Evening. The Young Men in my parent's ward were coming over to use the pool, so I didn't want to be around the house. A couple friends and myself decided to go on an adventure. The idea was to go out to Gilcrease Ranch or Floyd Lamb, Nevada State Park. I wanted to take some photos, too. So we all jumped in my truck got a little lost, but successfully made it out to Floyd Lamb. Since it was 7:50 pm and the park closes at 8 pm, the fee was waved for us. Yay! We actually spent a good half hour in there and found some other good places to check out. (Maybe I'll post photos sometime when I get a free moment to go through them.) We played "left-right-straight" in order to get back home. And we may have had a side trip or two, which ended at the high school and we watched 3 innings of a baseball game. I know know what an inning is. And there are 9 innings in a game. See? It was productive and I learned something important. But we weren't hanging out, at least in my mind. We had something specific planned. The whole thing was FREE. And we had a great time. And saw peacocks. And geesen. Yes, I just said geesen.

And everyone was back to their houses and in their respective beds by 10 pm (except me because I don't have a respective bed at the moment. I'm playing Sleeping Beauty, Goldilocks-style...there's 3 empty beds in the house, and sometimes I feel bad for them, so I sleep in them once in a while to mix life up a little bit.)

Feel free to disagree with how I'm running this game. I'd love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment