Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket   Photobucket

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

weekend warrior

it's been a few days, I know. But I had to leave :( The explanation/excuse is legit.

K. Here it goes.
So once upon a time, my body rebelled and started attacking its joints. (aka rheumatoid arthritis, yeah, it's not fun sometimes) Anyway, when I was in Provo for 9 weeks learning Spanish, my friendly RA flared up; I couldn't open my mouth b/c the joints in my jaw were being attacked; all I could eat was small pieces of salad shoved in a small opening and lots of milk and water. I liked my doctor so much that I kept with him when I got back from Florida. And at the time, Provo was a nice trip out of Idaho. I'm no longer in Idaho, but I still like a little road trip once in a while.

Next Monday I'm taking the LSAT for law school that I'm debating on attending, so there's a little bit of stress on me. Sometimes a knuckle will flare up with stress...it's kind of an important part of my hand because I use that finger to type, write, and do a lot of living in general with it. The Doc suggested a cortisone shot in the hopes that it would improve the range of motion, decrease the swelling, and give me the ability to get off the medication I'm on (it's used in larger doses for cancer patients). My favorite digit is still swollen and now it's kind of immobile, so I'm working on becoming a lefty...and learning to type without a first finger, which is rather funny.

I should be studying for the LSAT. But I don't want to. Cheers for procrastination, and extremely swollen pointer fingers. Be thankful for yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment