As a kid, it didn't matter which hand I wrote with. If you gave me a marker, I'd just grab and start going-left or right, it didn't phase me (according to my parents).
Well, back in the 80's, the world wasn't too friendly towards lefties, so mis padres set me on the path to right-handedome.
Sports came along in my life, and I was a slightly confused kid once again. Left or right, it didn't matter There was always the let's-have-you-throw-a-ball-and-see-what-hand-is-more-dominate game. Again, I was about the same. I grew up playing tennis as a lefty, I've snowboarded and surfed goofy-footed, but then I hit and shoot right-handed for volleyball and basketball. See? It's all kind of the same for me.
Last weekend, I was playing catch in the pool with my dad (yes, I still play catch with my dad) and decided to try out being a lefty again. After a few warm-up tosses, there wasn't much of a difference between the two hands. One summer when I was in high school, I had the goal of learning to write perfectly left-handed. (I did it for about a week and a half until I either forgot or gave up.





No comments:
Post a Comment