Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket     Photobucket   Photobucket

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

That One Time Winter....

Remember that one time I lived in Idaho, for like....
FOUR YEARS!?!?!

Yeah, good times. And I'm glad that part of my life that revolves around weather is over. (and i don't think that sentence made much sense) My schooling in Idaho was fantastic. My involvement with the weather on the other hand, was not so fantastic.

Vegas finally decided that giving me 65-70 degree weather wasn't going to fly. I was hoping for a warm December. November was super nice and I'm grateful for it! Since Halloween and Thanksgiving are over, I decided that I should put away the orange, the leaves, the smells of baking that seem to permeate my classroom after a certain class leaves due to stench and switch it up for the Christmas scene.

I stopped by BBW today. Old Bath and Body Works, my stomping grounds shortly after I graduated from college. (there was a period of time in my life that i worked there. i was grateful for the job, but with a college degree, there were other things i wanted to do.) With my time there, I also realize that certain smells do not mix with my nasal cavity. Some days I would just sit in the back and sneeze. Things there smell really good, but the mixture just set off my sinuses sometimes. Today I got three mini candles for $10! That's a steal in my book! It's time to break out the Christmas smells; smells are a very powerful sense to me and my brain connects smells and memories. Sunscreen, fires, and gasoline are some of my favorite scents-they all bring back great memories. Sunscreen--summers out by the pool, down by the beach, or when Backwards Baseball (bb) decides to go outside for longer than 20 minutes. (he's very conscientious of not getting burned and is trying to not get skin cancer. i on the other hand try to spray the majority of my body and call it good.) Fires--fire just smells good. It's a smell for both winter and summer. Mainly it reminds me of big bonfires with good friends. Gasoline--that reminds me of my childhood playing with the diesel mechanics before kindergarten.

PS...I really dislike snow. This is what I'm glad I DIDN'T wake up to:
#1 Reason I will not move North.

No comments:

Post a Comment